Sunday, November 20, 2016

The camping trip


This is our third year to join friends at the camp groups for some Halloween fun! Lou's leg situation  (part I and part II) didn't stop us this year, mostly because we'd already paid for our cabin and basically if we'd been stuck at home and missed out on one more thing because of the leg, I think we'd loose it. 


Plus there was that whole Cubs in the World Series things... so off we went, with projector and outdoor screen in hand.  We were the most popular camp site- because kept stopping by to check the score and inning.  


Bee sported her Katniss Everdeen costume.  Lou was Peeta, but had some issues and didn't get out the cabin door in time to be photographed.  I seriously can't wait until the wheel chair is a thing of the past.  He gets anxious about being in public in the chair.  A  lot. 


I pulled out my Pipi Longstockings costume from several years ago at the last minute (back from 2012).  I had intended to be Effie Trinket, but didn't get my act together in time.  That's been happening a lot lately.  


There was some wheelchair baseball.


And a lot of golf cart rides.  We have been on the waiting list for 2 years! Check out all these boys.  Poor Bee is outnumbered with these sweet friends. 


Another camping trip in the books.  We've already booked next year too!

No comments: