Thursday, July 4, 2013

color blaze 5K

 
This may have been the most fun 5K!  My sister drove down and brought a friend and we all ran in the race with the kids. Here's our clean before picture.

 
Bee and Lou were coloring people, even total strangers before the race.

 
We're covered and haven't even started. 

 
This race brought out a different population than the other 5K we participate in.  There were lots of families, lots of groups of friend, lots of walkers.

 
Lots of people brought kids and didn't bring a stroller or buggy. It was HOT.  They looked miserable a half mile in.  I pushed both kids at times in our bike trailer.  I looked miserable a half mile in. Some of the trail was off road.  I have never taken the trailer off road, and never will again.

 
Bee really did run most of the race, probably at least 2 3/4 miles.

 
We made my sister's friend a medal.  It was her first 5K and was a little disappointed when she learned there would be no medals.  She's also a teacher and stayed the whole weekend with us.  There was lots of teacher talk.  Poor hubby.   I wish I had another brother for her to marry, I want to keep this girl!

 
 
 
 
Post race, my sister entered a hula hoop contest.  She won.  She's multi-talented like that.

 
The dye stained our skin a bit.  Bee looked like a lizard for a few days.


The next day we took them all to the theme park and wore them all out again.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Photos! Thanks for blazing with us!