Friday, February 1, 2013

it's just us


I've unearthed a ton of photos from the depths of my phone.  I'm putting them all out there now, mostly in a chunk of one post. This is pretty much what we've been up to. 


We had the flu.  Rather the kids had the flu and hubby and I played nurse for almost a full week. Sick beds on the couch.  Comfy quilts, puke bowl, tissues -serious stuff.


 This was our first time on tamiflu.  I think it helped the adults from getting sick and sped up the kiddos yuck.  It has some side effects for us apparently.  We stayed on it only just long enough. 


Is it wrong to say I find the slightly sick Lou rather lovable?  Keep my secret, I'll say you're lying. 


When you're stuck inside, you're likely to get bored.  It's probable that the poor cat will get dressed up.  In my defense, Walmart had dog halloween costumes clearanced for 50 cents.  And for 50 cents, I wanted to see my favorite cat as a cowboy.  And a pumpkin.  And a penguin.  Don't judge. 


The new children's ministry director at our church happens to also be a 'strong mam.'  Lou and I met him at a staff luncheon last week.  My poor kid gets dragged to staff events (although this one was catered by a lady in our church who is from Thailand.  The food was AMAZING and Lou complained NONE, but helped himself to two full plates!).  The strong man/children's ministry director ripped a phone book for Lou.  Lou talked about it all day long and showed the half a phone book to everyone he saw. 


We read a book about Annie Oakley and Buffalo Bill.  


Quality parenting.   (This is Bee's favorite outfit.  She'll wear it once a week if I let her.)


Bee is shooting an apple off Lou's head. Backwards.  All she needs is a blindfold.  


This poor recipe has been on my to-make list since the first of December.  I asked a friend for a recipe and she shared a plate of the treat in addition.  Chocolate and creamy mint together.  I'll just buy bigger pants.


After I ate the full plate she gifted, I had little reason to make my own.  Especially when I learned the amount of butter involved.  I've tasted other versions of this treat, but none compare.


  Husband in training.  


Actually, he's a boy on a mission to earn a few bucks.  He has his eye on a stuffed snake at the candy shop at the mall.


Ice skating with friends. Fun times.  On this particular day, the moms watched while one poor dad skated with the kids.  Sucker.


Here's Lou's school report on polar bears.  It required two facts and a drawing. 


 We went to visit my youngest sister at college.  And possibly shared the flu.


We took her to a restaurant where people for years have signed the walls and seats and window frames and ceiling and any other surface.  We didn't bring the right writing tools, but it looked like someone else took care of it for me.  It says Beth with a heart, just like how I sign it.


Bee managed with a regular ink pen.  Lou refused.  He's such a rule follower.



We visited her dorm.  Those were fun times, but not something I'd like to go back to for sure. 



A little girl time shopping with Bee.  The poor girl rarely has need to shop, we are so blessed by hand me downs from friends.  I did let her pick out a few things, although we seem to have very different styles!


It was time for me to retire my winter coat and gloves.  I've had them since my first year teaching.  That's been at least 10 years ago, which is probably a good life for a coat. The coat's button holes and gloves had been repaired and repaired and were beyond that. 

 
We found clearance at the mall and all of us were able to get new winter coats for next year with gloves and hats and such for the price of what one ladies coat might have cost at full price.  Seriously, kids winter coats for $12!   


We've been looking for awhile now for bed for Lou.  We were looking for a bunk bed, but he fell in love with this trundle captains bed.  I'm glad though, we were looking for something to last for years.  The drawers pull out to reveal another bed.  The selves are his favorite part and are full of treasures.  The shelves have the possibility someday of being a headboard for a queen bed. The trundle can then go under that bed as storage.  His poor wife someday will sell it at a garage sale and deem it the ugliest bed ever.

 
Bee is ready to sell her bed to also get a trundle.  I'm the only one in the house that loves her lofted bunk.  To help satisfy her bed wanting, we finally figured out how the tent part of her bed went up.  She's sleeping her her tented part now.  It glows pink on the inside and hurts my eyes.
 

 My silhouette cutter guy can cut freezer paper!  The possibilities for stenciled shirts have really opened up!  This one is on Lou's request.  Valentines shirts are in the works.


 Bee got well just in time for cheer clinic at her school. 


 All those little girls want to be just like the big girls.  


I've complained about bad seats at the kid's school events.  Lou and I arrived so early this time we got front row seats!   I ought to go ahead and leave my coat to reserve them for the next event!

No comments: