Wednesday, October 19, 2011

little pumpkin


I wanted to make some little yarn pumpkins but didn't know how.  I spent a few minutes on pinterest and a few minutes on raverly.com and came up with several possible crochet patterns.   Pretty sure I can't be Amish at this point.  I love the internet.  The pattern I started with is from Roots and Wings


I needed to add an additional row to the bottom of the pumpkin adding two more decreases (which is actually the top ring of the bottom piece) to make it stand a little taller. 


The kids also requested I add a leaf, which I sort of worked up with a chain and some double and triple crochets. 


The kids think they are very sneaky hiding candy inside the pumpkins.  Luckily all the candy left in the house from Easter is stuff no one really likes or it would be gone. 

3 comments:

Sandy said...

That is so cute! I may have to try that.

grandma said...

Very clever. They look good.

jess_hak said...

This is super cute Beth. I tell you...one of these days you are going to inspire me to try crocheting, knitting, sewing etc. again. :)