Thursday, March 3, 2011

Can I have 5 minutes

Most school days I get up, work out and shower before anyone else in the house is evening thinking about morning time. Sometimes, I sleep in until 6:30 (the pre-kids me would never have imagined that I would have used "sleep in" and "6:30" in the same sentence!)  and then Lou is usually awake and wants to sit in the bathroom while I shower.   While it is nice to have someone hand me my towel, today I told him he needed to keep himself busy while I showered. 


This is how I left him.  Cuddling in bed with the cats.  Harmless.  Sweet.


This is what I found when I got out.  He had built a campfire out of blocks.


That's a real marshmallow on a real campfire roasting stick.


"Don't worry, it's not hot."  I asked him how many he ate and he held up all 10 fingers and said, "Three."  At that point I figured it was better that I didn't know.

Maybe sitting in the bathroom isn't that bad after all.

4 comments:

**nicke... said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! that is perfect! i love his 10 fingers and saying three~! kids are so fun and so inventive. i am amazed he made himself a campfire to roast the marshmallows on! so clever!

Kathy said...

That is so hilarious! So like something one of my boys might have done! It's amazing what can happen in 5 minutes!
I found your blog thru a linky party. I also made some baby cloche hats using the same tutorial and posted a few days ago about it.

jess_hak said...

This made me smile :) When I sneak in a shower when the kids are awake it is always.....interesting to see what they have done to the house when I'm out (5-10min later).

Kelly said...

oh, no! I know where he got those campfire sticks!