Wednesday, June 30, 2010

drawstring bags, with a view

I got pretty excited when I saw this peek a boo toy bag from Make it Perfect. When I found myself in my sewing room a little later (with an order to work on), I got right on it. I tired a slightly easier way to attach the vinyl just to test it out.

I used some re-purposed red corduroy from a cushion that used to be at my grandmas house and some vinyl leftover from snack bags. I'm already a fan of drawstring bags, how I hadn't thought to put a window in them before, I don't know.

One thing I like about these, is that unlike his current storage system...

items can be changed out without any relabeling needed. Wouldn't it be cool to have a little row of these hanging on a wall? Lou packed up his little goodies and took them on a walk with us this evening.

Oh, I'm going to be making up more of these.

edited to change: HA! I wrote 'drawstink bags... should have been drawstring...
edited again: HA! then I wrote Drawsting bags... good grief...

3 comments:

grandma said...

What a nice bag and nice way to use the old cushion. To bad you don't have storage space for most of my house.

Phyllis said...

That is a very, very cool bag. Wish I could sew some. They would make a cool storage system.

make it perfect said...

Very cute - thanks for sharing!!