Sunday, May 30, 2010

weekend stuff and a must make for teachers

Lou's birthday party festivities are today. I'll just say it involves a bouncy house and a snow cone maker! Hopefully I'll get pictures loaded up for tomorrow's post. Good grief, the boy is three on Monday! In the mean time, I'll taking someone special to the fabric store to help me pick out some fabric for a fall birthday gift. I have my version sketched up already and it is going to be one of the more involved and detailed projects I've done. I'm super exited. As a teacher (or former, whatever) I will attest, that this will be a much coveted bag! See my inspiration here on So You Think Your Crafty- the tutorial section. I love that blog! Here are all of the entries for the teacher gift week.

To get ready for this weekend, I made up a fresh batch of our favorite granola, a chocolate cranberry version of these granola bars, blueberry waffles made from our favorite pancake recipe, and a nice batch of mall style big soft pretzels. Oh, and this delicious drink will be made up this afternoon right before guests arrive... otherwise I'd drink it all before they came.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday, Lou! Wish we could be there to celebrate!

Kelly said...

also, I love the teacher tote & the other teacher things on that blog!